Immediate Dispatch - Items in Stock
Hydrosack is the new, modern method to create a highly effective barrier to the threat of flood water in domestic and commercial properties. It is the perfect substitute for the old traditional sand bag which is not only less effective but also difficult to handle, labour intensive and a potential health hazard.
When soaked in water before installation, each HydroSack absorbs up to 20 litres of water, it lets water in but refuses to let water out, even when punctured and when built into layers, the HydroSack wall produces a highly effective barrier to flood water.
Before use each HydroSack weigh a mere 1kg, being so light it is fast and easy to handle and place into key positions – when flooding threatens every second counts – Soak the HydroSacks in water and in minutes they are inflated and ready to fit into position and , because of their suppleness, they fit into door ways and openings more snugly, improving their flood prevention qualities.
The unique 3-section structure of the HydroSack allows a controlled spread which prevents the contents from moving from side to side.
|Inflation Time||2-3 minutes|
|Weight After||15-20 Kilos|
|Outer Fabric||Non woven, polypropylene, Hydrophilic finish|
|Internal Pads||Pads x 9 per sack, super absorbent polymer (SAP) Pulp Non toxic, ECO friendly|
|Flood Water Depth||5cm of water per sack|
|Flood Water Depth when folded||10cm of water per sack|
|Flood water Length||45cm per sack|
1. Remove a HydroSack® from the packaging
2. a, For preparation prior to a flood, simply soak the HydroSack® in water for 2-3 minutes, or alternatively spray a hose over the HydroSack® until saturated.
2. b, To use for absorbency, place the HydroSack® in the desired area where there is excess fluid.
3. Once expanded, using the handles, place the HydroSack® in the required location to prevent excess water flow
4. When creating a flood defence wall, optionally you can fold the HydroSack® so that the middle panel is facing any water threat, then it can absorb any immediate impact from water and debris. Repeat this for the bottom layer of the wall
5. The HydroSack® should be laid in an overlapping pattern like rows of bricks, Each layer should overlap the layer below by half. The HydroSack® retains sufficient flexibility to follow the contours of any terrain.
6. The HydroSack® is environmentally friendly, so it can be disposed of by landfill or incineration. Alternatively, the outer fabric can be slit open, and the degradable contents poured into the ground.